Friday, September 22, 2006

The Best Fast Food

One of the joys of summer is the variety and availability of fresh ingredients. It is always with a bit of sorrow that I welcome the fall as I know my time to have truly flavourful ingredients is limited. Today I raided the garden of what was left to make this salad. Here's what I found: lettuce, tomatoes and white radishes. I threw in some pickled banana peppers and some of the raisins that I had made earlier this week.


I also always make my own salad dressing. I can't remember the last time I actually purchased a store variety, but when I do, it is almost always Little Creek. Today I went for an oriental flavour. I used flax oil (for my daily dose of EFA's), rice vinegar, some crushed ginger, tamari sauce, a pinch of djon mustard and a little honey and then I sprinkled the whole thing with sesame seeds. It was delicious.

No comments: