Saturday, June 06, 2009

Goosey, Goosey, Gander

It's that time of year again. I've been watching the goslings as they scurry along the beach and occasionally dip into the water, bobbing up and down with the goose and gander never far behind. They're much bigger now...in only a weeks time. Took some more photos this morning which I will post when I have a moment. There is actually more than one family, they form quite a posse. Of course they have to be vigilant in their guard. Last year I watched as an eagle took a swooping dive and plucked one of the little ones out of the water. Not anything anyone could have done. It was nature at its finest.


10 comments:

thailandchani said...

Beautiful! Is it always so pretty there? Don't you have any strip malls and ramshackle apartment buildings? :)



~*

NYD said...

That is a very cool way to spend a morning. I am envious.

Pamela said...

Not many nest around here -- but I saw a pair with one little gosling. I wondered about the other ones. Weasels? Hawks? etc.

Carla said...

Chani, Luckily strip malls aren't really part of our landscape around here. I consider myself very lucky.

NYD, Yes, it was rather cool.

Carla said...

Pamela, I'm seeing more gosling this year than I have in the past. Not sure where the predators have been this year.

dawn said...

Sad the way nature is, but I guess it is natural. I think it is more sad when it is a baby that goes, not having a chance. They are interesting to watch though.

Carla said...

Dawn, They are lovely and fascinating to watch.

Anonymous said...

You have captured beautifully the joys of nature - captivating photogtraphy.

I always think of the movie of the geese and the song 10,000 miles.

BurdockBoy said...

I love little goslings. I've been seeing turkeys with their (poults?) I think they are called.

Carla said...

Peter, They certainly fly many a mile...I can't imagine.

Burdock Boy, We're you able to get any snaps? I'm assuming you're talking about wild turkeys. Am I right?